Wednesday 30 January 2013

I'm not a moaner by nature....

...but I'm going to moan about a couple of things tonight!

Firstly can someone please tell me if I'm imagining it or are Betfair taking longer than ever to unsuspend a market? I don't think this is a figment of my imagination, and it really is getting beyond  a joke. I'm still not 100% sold on the reasons for suspending a market on a goal or a red card to be honest. The 8 second delay is there to protect people from others whose information is quicker means they can have an unfair advantage. I acknowledge that  the various livescore websites sometimes make mistakes, but surely it's a trader's own responsibility, to a large degree anyway, to ensure the accuracy of his information before placing a trade. There is nothing more frustrating than sitting looking at those large red letters on my Geeks or Evo and not being able to enhance or rescue a position. Especially when another goal is scored whilst this is going on, and, of course, the law of sod invariably makes this a goal that you needed AFTER having adjusted your position and not BEFORE!

Whilst I'm in whingeing mode, why also do they feel the need to suspend a market when someone stubs his big toe in the general direction of a goal, or takes an acrobatic tumble after a perfectly fair tackle? Let's hope the new LadDaq experiment prompts a review of what has to be amongst the worse customer experience most people are likely to suffer at the hands of a multi-national corporation. Whilst they're about it perhaps they can remove Lee Dixon's gurneying fizzog from the front page of the new and exciting 'betting experience' web page.

I'm on a roll now.

Said 'betting experience' web page is NOT what I want to see - I want the old in-play coupon displayed, on one page. That's it. So every f'g night when I log on I click on 'Revert to Old'. And every f'g night it asks me 'Are you sure ..... you want to revert to old?'. Yes, thank you. Very sure.

That's dealt with the major gripes I have with our trading provider.

My second main moan concerns Chelsea fans more than the majority of traders I would guess. The mighty Blues are becoming a joke. It's almost as certain a profit to lay them at a 2 goal lead than it is to lay Liverpool in any circumstance. This can't go on. Will someone please arrange a cab for Rafa?

2 comments:

  1. I had Betdaq and Betfair ladders open on the Huddersfield v Palace match last night. Betdaq suspended the market for a free kick outside the box, with no hint of a card being issued, not anywhere near the penalty box and kept it suspended until the shot from the freekick went flying over the bar. Betfair didn't suspend the market at all.

    Pisses me off how often both sites suspend stuff for no good reason. If it appears a penalty, sending off or goal is scored is when they are supposed to suspend it, they suspend far too many times and I agree for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you all the way here mate. On the few times I do trade football the suspend takes an eternity to disappear and the few times I use the betfair interface I'm confronted with the same scenario. Yes betfair I'm sure I want to continue with the old set up...................it's ok and as I'm getting older I don't like change. Maybe they should have a " are you sure you want to continue using this site as the opposition may be coming up with a viable alternative pretty soon" button. Hope you are keeping well buddy

    ReplyDelete